Apply and qualifying on the 2022 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Downhill in Mont-Sainte-Anne proved that the legendary monitor has not grown tamer through the years. If the bikes had been surviving the four- to five-minute onslaught of rocks, holes, roots and speeds, the riders had been typically not. Race- or season-ending accidents had been a standard, unlucky expertise this weekend. Camille Balanche, Loris Vergier and Loic Bruni are just some claimed by the unforgiving course in Quebec, Canada. Those that did make it via to the tip with a last time had been comfortable to be in a single piece.
Junior girl, Phoebe Gale backed up a primary qualifier with a convincing race win by practically 7 seconds – some 16 seconds quicker than her qualifying time. Her efficiency retains the general factors race with Gracey Hemstreet (third right this moment) shut with just one World Cup DH in Val di Sole remaining.
Jackson Goldstone stored the air in his tires to take the victory over Jordan Williams within the Junior Males’s class. Jackson’s 4:13 is 4 seconds quicker than Finn Iles’ Elite Males’s qualifier from yesterday. The three.8-second margin was sufficient assist Goldstone improve his general result in 74 factors going into Val di Sole. #USDH shredder, Ryan Pinkerton, landed on the rostrum in fifth!
Elite Ladies’s notes
- Superior crowds your complete size of the monitor
- Dappled gentle making transitions between woods and open difficult
- Anna Newkirk #USDH appeared clean and flowy, taking fingers off the bars and shaking them in flat part earlier than the end
- Vero Widmann with a flawless wanting run, making up vital time within the roughest sections. Sizzling seat with a 5:14 by 5 seconds. Quickest quali time was a 5:04.
- Eleonora Farina lands at 5:00 flat with an almost good run, solely bobbling for a bit coming into the massive rock part.
- Jess Blewitt was aggressive with huck-to-flat exiting the rocks. She went into 2nd place, however was 11 seconds off Farina’s tempo.
- Myriam Nicole in a league of her personal via the higher part and thru the Stevie Smith drop, up by 5.8 seconds solely to endure a rear flat tire midway via the high-speed part. This makes the general fascinating.
- Nina Hoffman, 57kph via the pace lure, up by 2 into the rocks, conserving it aggressive however clear via the underside and crossing the road just below the 5-minute mark into first place with two riders remaining.
- Monika Hrastnik attacking up prime, however her splits had been off that of Nina Hoffman. She insided the flip after the Stevie Smith drop, however then had a time-consuming bobble within the massive rock backyard. Into 4th on the line with Vali remaining.
- Vali dealt with the strain with out incident and a playful, quick run. Dancing via the rocks, styling the jumps, she was mistake-free and takes the win by 3 seconds over Nina Hoffman.
Elite Males’s Notes
- Warner talked about a brand new DH from Big subsequent season throughout Remi Thirion’s run
- Ethan Craik, all the time thrilling to look at, within the hotseat with a 4:19 with Prime 20 to come back
- Observe is dusty-dry for final riders
- Laurie Greenland crosses the road 7 seconds up with a 4:11.95 60kph within the pace zone, floating like a butterfly over each rock, doubling and gapping the place ever he can and placing collectively a flawless efficiency. Quickest qualifier from Finn Iles was a 4:17 yesterday. Warner’s quote to explain Laurie’s run, “like a kangaroo on a trampoline.” HAHA
- Frix Frix bobbled in major rock backyard after which washed the entrance finish off the hip bounce close to the tip of the monitor.
- Thrilling driving from Antoine Vidal, hitting 60.8kph within the pace lure. Time was off the highest tempo.
- David Trummer was having a strong run, however nonetheless off prime tempo, till a rear flat ended the hassle close to the underside.
- Charlie Hatton, uneventful and tidy-looking run, however throughout the road 10 seconds again, slowly dropping time your complete approach down. Laurie’s time simply hanging in.
- Improbable run for the gloveless veteran, Sam Blenkinsop! Crossing the road in third, conserving it trendy the entire approach down.
- Tuhoto Ariki-Pene dealing with the gnar with a powerful 4th place throughout the road.
- Dylan Levesque manages the beating nicely bumping Tuhoto again into fifth as he earns a 4th place with a 4:20 as the sphere continues to slim.
- Thibaut Daprela with a profitable run into 4th on the time. No main errors, simply off of Laurie’s tempo.
- Aaron Gwin, 5.5 off Laurie on the line for 2nd place, conserving him contained in the Prime 10. Good to see one other strong run out of him!
- Good job to Loris Revelli! He earned his finest World Cup end right this moment with an incredible, aggressive run that backed up qualifier. He got here via with a 4:19 for third place with 7 riders to go.
- Andreas Kolb, clean as silk via all of the roughest sections and never too far off tempo solely to endure a rear flat close to the underside.
- HOLY CRAP, BENOIT COULANGES! Troubles with pedals a number of occasions up prime after which flatting on the quickest a part of the course practically 60kph, blowing off the monitor, however saving it gracefully. Finish of his day, however fortunately unscathed. 5 riders stay.
Elite Males’s Remaining Outcomes
Elite Ladies’s Remaining Outcomes
Junior Males’s Remaining Outcomes
Junior Males’s general Prime 25 with one race remaining
Junior Ladies’s Remaining Outcomes
Junior Ladies’s general with one race remaining